Monday, March 14, 2011

Honey Ginger Shrimp

Last week, I was so lucky to have my friend A.J. in town. This is the same A.J. who gave me the portable photo studio :) He was here on business, but was able to book his return flight for the next day so that he could come over and visit that night!

Now to give a little background, A.J. is such a good friend, in fact, that he stood on my side of the wedding party, as my bridesman.

KM & CP wedding day 047


And no, this was not at all influenced by that horrible Patrick Dempsey movie.

Anywho, I don't get to see him much since we live in separate states, but on the rare occasion he's in town, it's always a treat!

For this visit, we decided to stay in and cook a little, since his sales job often keeps him on the road. Upon looking in the freezer and seeing that I had shrimp, he quickly got super excited to do a recipe he's had a couple times before!


Honey Ginger Shrimp
adapted from Allrecipes

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic
1/4 yellow onion, chopped
1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
1 teaspoon honey
1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
salt and pepper to taste

Heat the olive oil and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger and honey; cook and stir until fragrant. Add the shrimp, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring as needed, until shrimp are pink and opaque. Serve immediately.

AJs shrimp

16 comments:

  1. How awesome is that?!
    The shrimp looks delicious. We had pan seared shrimp this weekend. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh YUM!!!! Must share this recipe :O)

    I'm a new follower dropping by from Sumo's Sweet Stuff Monday.

    http://SallyLeeByTheSea.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious--I will definitely have to cook this up sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shrimp recipe looks amazing! (Also, I love the wedding photo!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photo!

    The shrimp sound delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look gorgeous:) and that shrimp looks amazing too-it is making my mouth water! :)gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks yummy. Might just have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is going on my dinner menu for tonight I'm very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I featured you today! :) Hooray! I'd love if you stopped by!

    Amanda

    www.todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so delicious! I think I may make that for myself this weekend when my meat-eating boys are gone for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds seriously delicious! Going to be trying this recipe out for sure. Thanks for posting
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just Stopping by from TMTT. what a beautiful wedding photo and it looks like a great recipe as well. I wanted to invite you to check out my Iron Chef Challenge This month's themed ingredient is canned tomatoes, so link up a recipe using those and you could win a prize. It should be a lot of fun, hope you can join us!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you got to visit with your friend!
    And thanks for linking up your shrimp. Hubby would enjoy this one! I'll be featuring this in my Feature Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've bookmarked this wonderful recipe - I love the sound of honey ginger shrimp - yum!

    And that is a gorgeous photo of your wedding - I think it is lovely you had a bridesman!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made this and it was a hit! Thanks for the hint.

    ReplyDelete