Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ideas + Inspirations :: Where did March go?

Seriously, where did March go? This month seems to have flown by!

Then again, I suppose the birthday extravaganza was a fun distraction :)

But with all the distractions, the {ideas & inspirations} post has sadly fallen by the wayside. Time for a comeback!

ideas and inspirations





I just love this pillow from Sukan Art on Etsy. There are tons of adorable pillow covers, and I'm just swooning over them all! We're buying new couches soon, and I think I might have to pick one or two of these up.




This is the gosh-darn cutest Easter egg yarn wreath I have ever seen. Trisha at The Sweet Survival shows the tutorial and it is just so easy. I might have to give it a try!




Erin at One Particular Kitchen shares her roasted red salsa recipe, and ohmygoodness it looks amazing. I love roasted salsas, and this one looks perfect. I can't wait to make it!


For Japan with Love


I think my biggest inspiration lately has been the outpouring of love and support for the people of Japan. There are wonderful handmade shop owners who are giving 100% of their profits to the relief effort, bloggers participating in a day of silence, and more. People are pouring out their love and support for the tragedy that has befallen this beautiful country. Though it's just a small effort, I will also be participating. For the month of April, 100% of the money I receive from sponsorships will go directly to the Red Cross. So if you're interested in sponsoring FW&MP and having your sponsorship money go directly to the relief fund, go here to learn more about becoming a sponsor.


What has been inspiring you lately?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Katie for featuring my wreath! I am a new follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that salsa looks mouth watering - and i love that pillow with the little birdies!
    and i'm with you, wondering where the month of march went?!

    see you in less than a couple wks, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome you are doing this! Can I include your blog with my handmade with purpose fundraiser? For the month of April I am promoting shops/blogs who are donating to causes or charities. I'd love to include you.

    ReplyDelete