Monday, March 21, 2011

Chicago Craft Social + Me = Fun Time!

Did you know that the Chicago Craft Social is going on this weekend in Chicago?? I first told you about the social here, and let me tell you, it was a blast! I made a wire wrapped ring, screen printed my own tote bag, practiced some embroidering techniques, and more!



This upcoming craft social is going to have fun projects such as needle felting, beaded tote bags, ribbon embroidery, t-shirt headbands, and Mod Podging paper mache letters.

Wait, did I just say Mod Podge? In Chicago? Well gosh, who would be leading a Mod Podge table at a crafting event in Chicago?


Me!!



That's right, yours truly will be there leading a fun project where we use Plaid products to decoupage, paint, and glitterize paper mache letters. I even did a sample of some for my home to bring along!

Letter k

Letters all


I'll do a full tutorial here on the blog after the craft social for everyone who doesn't live in Chicago and thus can't join me that weekend. However, if you live in the city or the 'burbs, you should come out!

This season's Craft Social is taking place this Saturday the 26th at Catalyst Ranch on 656 W. Randolf St. in Chicago. Tickets are $30, and that not only gives you access to all the supplies for whatever projects you want to make, but it also includes a fun goodie bag, light appetizers and beverages, and an overall fun time! You won't leave there empty-handed, that's for sure!

So come out, meet me, make some fun stuff, and have a great time! You can buy tickets here! Make sure you pick them up soon, they will sell out!

6 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you're going to be doing a project! Yay! I thought about going to this one, but I don't think I can do the drive to the city still not feeling very well. I'll be thinking about you and wishing I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm SO bummed because I live in Chicago and I'm going to be out of town this weekend! DRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I hope you have a blast teaching everyone your skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up! I'll be featuring this on my blog on Saturday!

    http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com

    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. This project is fab and has left me truly inspired. Thanks for the crafty ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry I missed the last Social! Looked like a great project. Will meet up with you next time.

    ReplyDelete