Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Homemade Granola

I'm pretty much a yogurt and granola addict. I eat it literally every day when I get to work, and absolutely love it. So of course, I love to make my own granola. It's kind of like making your own trail mix - you get to add random ingredients to give it your own twist! I definitely recommend trying this before you buy another bag of the pre-made stuff!


Homemade Granola

8 cups rolled oats
Any add-ins that suit your fancy (I used dried blueberries, dried cranberries, crushed almonds, crushed hazelnuts, and crushed peanuts)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until thoroughly combined.

IMG_1842


Pour onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Cook at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the granola is browned.

IMG_1856


Remove from heat and let cool completely before breaking apart and storing. Enjoy with yogurt, milk, or plain as a healthy snack!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you!!!! I've been looking for an easy homemade granola recipe for a little while now and I can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had me at, 'granola addict' This recipe looks fantastic. and i love the part where you say, "breaking apart." that means it's CRUNCHY and not soft..some recipes that I have made in the past are more of a museli. Cheers to you~

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never made granola and tried this last week... my friends, family, husband and i all loved this recipe. thanks!

    ReplyDelete