Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Summer Reading List :: My Life from Scratch

I know we're into September already, so many of us have our eyes on fall, but it's 85 and sunny out so I'm going to keep on trekking with the Summer Reading Series.

The next book on the list is My Life from Scratch by Gesine Bullock-Prado.



Though you may not recognize the author's name, you may recognize a part of it: Bullock. That's right, this book is written by Sandra Bullock's sister, Gesine.

This book is a charming account of how Gesine escaped the miserable life of Hollywood movie-making drama and ran off to the back-woods of Vermont to open a bakery. It's raw and real, and filled with pastry-goodness. She spends her time trying to teach her little town about the love and care of good pastry, and how much better it is for your palette and your soul to have a fresh-baked croissant over a mass-produced Twinkie.

I absolutely loved this book, and especially loved when her beloved sister, "Sandy" (as she calls her), pops up from time to time and rolls up her sleeves to help get work done.

Check it out, I know you'll love it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds like a lovely book! Putting it on my "To Read" list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds awesome! I'm def going to add it to my to-read list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that books sounds delightful! Got to add it to my reading list also!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete