Monday, August 23, 2010

Eric Ripert: Perfect Pairings



Eric Ripert is more than just a guy with a cute accent and a smile that will make you melt. He also is a fantastic chef. Just how fantastic, you ask? Well, Wikipedia has this as the very first sentence on his page:

Eric Ripert (rih-pair') (born 1965 in Antibes) is a French chef, widely considered to be the greatest living seafood chef.

That's right ladies and gentlemen: he's the real deal.

So I was so excited when I found out that he was starting a short webseries of films through his website, Avec Eric.

In these short films, Eric dispels wine myths, walks us through perfect pairings, and introduces new food and wine concepts. I love that he wants to share his love for food and wine with the world, and believes you don't have to stick to old standard pairings for food. Food and wine should be fun! We should play with the flavors!

In addition to the Perfect Pairings series of short films, Eric also has a full TV show called Avec Eric, where you really get to know where he comes from as a chef and a lover of food.

To see all the past episodes, click here.

My favorite is Episode 9: Oil and Wine. I learned so much! But then again, you also can't go wrong with Mission Figs Wrapped in Bacon.

I haven't made it all the way through the videos yet, there are so many to choose from, but I'm working on it! I feel like I'm learning so much!

I hope you enjoy these too! Let me know which episodes you like so I can put them on my list of next ones to watch!

4 comments:

  1. I have not visited Avec Eric, but now I'll have to check him out. Just visiting from SITS; hope you will have time to return the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon, I stumbled upon your blog from SITS and I happily announce that I too am a food and wine lover... cute blog, I will be back!

    make it a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good show to watch. I drink wine occasionally and I do love red wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visting from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative. I love wine and modge podge too :)

    ReplyDelete