Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Handmade Anniversary Gift

When Chris and I do something little that's special for the other person, we call it SHMILY.

See how much I love you.

It could be anything from a bag of puffy cheetos when I've had a bad day, to a a new sleeve of golf balls to get him excited about summer.

The key is that it's all just because, and it all has a little sticky note on it that says SHMILY.

In fact, Chris' ring has SHMILY engraved on the inside.

So this year, for our anniversary, I had a fantastic idea! The fabulously talented and oh-so-entertaining Leonora of Yellow Heart Art makes some truly awesome graphic art. And, even better, she's a sponsor of mine this month (woo!). So of course I shot her an email to see if she could make me a custom graphic art highlighting our little tradition.

And the outcome pretty much rocks.

But you can see for yourself.

SHMILY 1


It's hanging on my slowly growing wall of handmade art in our bedroom. I just love it!

SHMILY 2

4 comments:

  1. It turned out great! How sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute saying :) i love that! you could make a journal with that graphic too...my husband and I don't buy greeting cards anymore...we just write a note back and forth to each other in a journal. all of our love notes in one bound book :)

    ReplyDelete