Sunday, November 14, 2010

Food Tour: Singapore & China

As I've mentioned in a couple posts, I recently had the chance to go to Singapore and China for work. While I was there, I made sure to bring my camera, and anytime I wasn't in a formal work setting, I snapped away! And not surprisingly, the focus of most of my pictures was the food. I got to try some really tasty things (Singapore chili crab) and some really unusual things (duck tongues), but overall the whole trip was a wonderful tour of local food!

So now I'm going to stray from my normal recipe posts to share some pics with you. I promise I won't storytell on each one, I just want to share with you my food tour through pictures!

blog China (3)
blog China (8)
Duck Tongues!
blog China (11)
Duck Liver
blog China (12)
Duck...something
blog China (16)
Beijing Roast Duck
blog China (31)
The best part of the duck -- you dip it in sugar!
blog China (36)
Can you tell yet that I'm at a duck restaurant?
blog China (39)
blog China (45)
More duck tongues, but this time in a mixture in a lettuce cup
blog China (48)
blog China (209)
blog Singapore (11)
Fried buns
blog Singapore (12)
Fried bean curd
blog Singapore (17)
Singapore Chili Crab!
blog Singapore (20)
blog Singapore (25)
blog Singapore (22)
Black Pepper Crab
blog Singapore (52)
Savory chicken crepe
blog Singapore (117)
The original Singapore Sling
blog Singapore (140)
Fish Head Curry

What a great trip!

3 comments:

  1. The picture of the "duck something" made me laugh! How fun that you get to travel to such fun places for work. How was the chili crab? I've always wanted to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...now I'm hungry, and intrigued by every dish. Beautiful pictures, thank you for showing us the food part of your journey. I love food pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty ridiculous set of dishes. A bit overwhelming, but awesome. I wanna hear all about it then!!

    ReplyDelete