Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Empty Frame Collage

You all may remember some time ago, I asked for ideas of what to do with my oh-so-bare stairwell:

IMG_4731


The overwhelming majority of you suggested I do an empty frame collage, like the beauties we've seen around blogland. And I must say, I was already in love with the examples I had seen, and clearly this was what everyone thought would be perfect for my space!





After lots of trips to Salvation Army and one guy standing on the corner selling a bunch of stuff, I finally acquired enough frames! I painted and painted and painted (a painstaking process when you can't buy spray paint so you must paint by hand), and after multiple coats, I finally had my beautiful stairwell complete! Just in time for my Thanksgiving guests!

Stairwell 1
Stairwell 2


I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out! It makes me smile every time I walk down the stairs!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. But after the turkey and your guests are all stuffed, don't forget to drop by Food, Wine, & Mod Podge! Starting on Black Friday, and thanks to the wonderful people at CSN (counter stools, bedding, cookware - oh my!) I will be giving away some handy-dandy crafty storage solutions to one of my lucky readers! So make sure to stop by and enter to win!

15 comments:

  1. Those look fantastic!

    I have been wanting to do this somewhere in my house but I haven't found frames that I love. Maybe at some point I will find a few that I am happy with to revamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out great! You're crazy to paint all those by hand.

    I hope everything goes well this week for the holiday : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how that turned out! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe! It is beautiful! :) I love how it turned out. Sorry about not being able to buy the spray paint. It would have made a whole lot of difference, but your hard painting work paid off. :) Happy Thanksgiving!


    Adin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a stairwell just like this and would love to copy you...but my husband doesn't like the idea. Sad.

    You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Katie this looks amazing! It's so clean and fresh and something for me to put on my never ending to do list! Have a wonderful and yummy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! You did a wonderful job on the painting and layout of the frames! Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fantastic! I love it! I have a blank wall leading up my stairs too, and this is a wonderful/beautiful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. It is so striking. Beautiful. (btw - love the name of your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love empty frames and yours turned out so well. Adds lots of interest. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! I have a pile of white frames just waiting to be hung, and you've inspired me to finally hang them! Your stairwell looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect idea! Looks great. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look great! I'm sure you love it :)

    www.uvinyl.com
    www.uvinyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent idea! It must have been a lot of work painting all those frames, but it looks wonderful, like expensive molding. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's really good work with these frames, looks very creative, excellent idea.
    hampton bay

    ReplyDelete