Friday, September 24, 2010

A crafty weekend ahead!

I have been looking forward to this weekend for so long!

Darn moving really put a damper in my crafting over the past couple months. It's just so hard to find time to do anything fun when there are boxes to pack and unpack!

But this weekend, I'm pullin' out all the projects I've been wanting to do, and tackling them head on!

I'm kicking off my crafty weekend with a stop at the Chicago Craft Social tonight, woo! What a great way to start the weekend! I'm so excited to meet some other crafty ladies and learn some new tricks!



Then, I've got so many projects lined up, I'm going to have to kick it into high gear to get them all done! In the meantime, I'm going to give you a sneak peak of some of my newly acquired items...

edited Mod Podge Hard Coat


Of course, had to start with a pic of my new Mod Podge - Mod Podge Hard Coat! I've never used it before, but I think it'll be great for something I have up my sleeve.

edited Stamp


A stamp...

edited Spray Paint


Fun fact: did you know that it is illegal for retailers to sell spray paint in Chicago? That's right! I imagine it's to help cut down on the graffiti. Regardless, that makes me treasure spray paint even more just because I have to pay for shipping to get it!

edited Frames


Frames from Salvation Army. Still need more, but will have to go back again soon! I bet you can guess where these are going!

And now, finally, the creme de la creme...

edited desk side


Isn't she a beauty??? I found this baby at Salvation Army as well. For the past few weeks, I've been scouring craigslist looking for a desk to be my very own craft desk! And lo and behold, there it was when I walked into the Salvation Army!

edited desk front

edited new desk back


I just love the detailing on the side and back panels!

Don't get me wrong -- she was cheap and at the salvation army for a reason.

edited ding 1edited ding 2edited ding 3


But just a little fixing up and a new coat of paint should do the trick!

And of course, you can't have a craft desk without a craft chair...

edited chair


This all-black lovely is going to undergo quite the transformation this weekend!

Can't wait! Stay posted!

6 comments:

  1. Katie, I hope you meet my friend Candie Cooper at the Craft Social - we were just together for a week filming videos! She's great! I'm coming to one of those eventually. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the transformations, and thanks for visiting during my SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that desk! It's really cute and I can't wait to see it fixed up!

    Last night was really fun and I'm glad you talked me into it : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you do with the desk! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My amateur self wants to suggest crackle paint for the desk...that stuff to make it look like the paint is old and peeling/cracking - you heat it up or something I think. Then it'd be a cracked, craft desk, just like I thought you said!! :D

    ReplyDelete