Sunday, April 25, 2010

Jewelry Organizer Tray, Take 2

Back in January, I showed a Jewelry Organizer Tray that I made with a cheap desk organizer, some paper, and some Mod Podge. Since the tray came as a set of two, I knew I needed to make another!

Jewelry Organizer Tray, Take 2

For the last tray I made, it was very simple. Since the white of the plastic went well with the brighter colors of the paper, I was fine leaving it exposed. This meant that the project was very simple; all I did was cut some squares for the bottom of the sections, and some strips for around the tray and lining the very top. Pretty easy.

This time, I knew I had some darker papers I wanted to use, and thus wanted to cover all the white. Since the walls of the compartments were interesting shapes, this was difficult. I had to start with little pieces, and lots of patience:

Jewelry organizer v2 (1)

Jewelry organizer v2 (2)

Jewelry organizer v2 (3)

Jewelry organizer v2 (4)


It was important to get all the sides/walls completely covered, including up around the top, before putting down any of the squares in the bottom or lining the outside.

Jewelry organizer v2 (5)


This whole thing took a very long time. Since I rarely have very long to sit down and craft, I did it in stages over a few days. The good thing about this type of project though is that you can come and go very easily.

Once that was all done, I took a pretty crinkled gold paper and wrapped the sides in it.

Jewelry organizer v2 (6)


Finally, the easiest part was cutting out the squares and Mod Podging them in. Then I let it dry, and was all done!

Jewelry organizer v2 (7)


I really have no idea what I'm going to do with another jewelry tray though... Maybe it will find another use, like to hold nails and screws? Who knows!

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl - this is so cute - I'm posting on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Way too cute for nails and screws!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!!!! Thanks so much for linking up and gettin' crafty on hump day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. What a cool collection of office things.. I loved it.. I wanted to buy Desk Organizer Tray but was confused on what to buy. Thanks for sharing. Keep exploring.

    ReplyDelete