Friday, April 2, 2010

Pahlmeyer Jayson 2005 Pinot Noir

If you remember way back when, I gave Chris a bottle of Pahlmeyer Jayson 2005 Pinot Noir for his birthday, to go with the Pahlmeyer lazy susan I bought him. And then you'll also remember that I mentioned we drank the wine for Valentine's day with the cioppino. In that post, I said that I would devote a separate post to the wine, because it was just that good.

PahlMeyer Jayson Pinot Noir 2

The Pahlmeyer winery makes two lines of wines: Pahlmeyer and Jayson. According to their website:

The Jayson Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Red are hand-crafted with the same premium practices that produce our Pahlmeyer wines. We do not grow or purchase additional fruit for the Jayson. Rather, all of our grapes are grown and vinified for the Pahlmeyer. After winemaker Erin Green selects the blends for the Pahlmeyer wines, she composes from the remaining barrels the Jayson Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Red. As a result, the Jayson wines offer both quality and value.

The Jayson wines are named after our founder, and are like Jayson himself: big, fun and approachable.


Boy, was this wine ever approachable. It was big and fruit-forward, just like I like my pinots. Now I'll be honest, being so fruity, it wasn't the best pairing with the cioppino, so we ended up drinking it after dinner. It was so full-bodied though that it didn't need food at all. I will say though that this is one of my top 5 favorite pinots of all time. I'm not sure what other years are like, but I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for another bottle to try sometime!

PahlMeyer Jayson Pinot Noir 1

1 comment:

  1. Where did you buy this. I'm from Ohio and I see that I will have to order online

    ReplyDelete