Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jewelry Organizer Tray

First and foremost, a big thank you to my tech-savvy brother for fixing my blog background, making it much easier to read. Thanks!

Now on to the project...

As those who know me know, I love my cat Simon. He's my favorite kitty, and my second-favorite male in the house only by a hair. Simon is a great cat, except for at 4am when he wants me to get up and play with him. And the best way he's figured out to wake me up is to knock my jewelry around that's sitting on my nightstand. Thanks, Simon.

And that is how this Mod Podge idea was born!

Jewelry Organizer Tray

What you'll need:
Desk organizer(s)
Pretty papers
Mod Podge

Instead of buying some jewelry box and being done with it, I really like being able to see my jewelry and just drop it into a compartment. That's why I chose a desk organizer -- lots of compartments of all different sizes. And the best part, I found this two-pack for $8! What a steal!



Then I just went to Paper Source on my way home one day and walked around staring at papers, waiting to be inspired. I picked three so I had a little variation, came home, a little snip, a little Mod Podge, and ta da!







Sorry Simon, you'll have to find a new way to annoy me at 4am!

6 comments:

  1. How inspiringly kickass. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever, and I LOVE the fishies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever! Love the way it turned out. I'll have to send Simon something new to play with though. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so darling! I've featured it as one of my organization inspirations today! http://mynerdynook.blogspot.com/2010/12/my-top-5-craft-organizing-tips.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! My cat, Molly, does the same thing, except she knocks everything off my nightstand and desk. Its good to know there are other kitties out there who do that and that I am not suffering alone.

    ReplyDelete