Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Leaves Table Mat

The weather is turning, the leaves are falling...

It must be time to decorate my house in autumn decor!

I made a few autumny decorations last year, but not nearly enough. Luckily, every crafty blogger out there is whipping out their best fall crafts, so I have been filing some projects away.

This project is just such a project!

Inspired by the Autumn Table Runner at Make It and Love It, I decided to make a leaf-bordered cover for my wine barrel top lazy susan!

I started by going to Joann's for some fall leaves. I kind of expected to be able to find a bag of them, but to no avail, so I bought the ones attached to stems and peeled them all off.

edited Fall Lazy Susan Cover (1)


I then cut a circle of brown fabric to be just smaller than the lazy susan.

Next, I began pinning on my leaves.

edited Fall Lazy Susan Cover (2)


I went around the circle first with some leaves sporadically placed, and then filled in the holes. I didn't want them to look like they had a specific order, so I made sure to mix up the sizes and layers.

edited Fall Lazy Susan Cover (4)

edited Fall Lazy Susan Cover (5)


Once it was all pinned, I just ran it through the sewing machine to sew all the leaves down!

It was so easy to do, and looks great on my table!

edited Fall Lazy Susan Cover (6)

edited Fall Lazy Susan Cover (8)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I just looooove this! You did a wonderful job! Can't imagine what a home decor boutique would charge for something so lovely and unique! Have a great day...

    Laurie http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love how the ends stick up and it's all textured like they just feel from a tree. I kinda want to try this on a table runner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn you and all the pretty stuff you're able to create ;(. I miss autumn...California autumn sucks btw, no leaves like that. I can't wait to see what you do for winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so cute, and a great idea! so glad i saw it.

    www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! I'll be featuring this at this week's Craftastic Monday - be sure to grab a featured button:)

    ReplyDelete