Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Mod Podge Roller

When I was waiting (impatiently) for the Recipe Book I made a while back to dry, I was sitting there bored with all my papers and Mod Podge in front of me, thinking, "What else can I do while this is drying??"

Then my eyes locked on something...

Edited Roller Redo (1)


How remarkably boring is my roller?!

My wonderful tool that takes away bubbles in my Mod Podge projects was so dull and lifeless!

So what else to do but Mod Podge it!

Edited Roller Redo (2)


I started by cutting out a little rectangle that was big enough to wrap around the handle. Yes, there's my lap again. I'm telling you, a great place to craft!

But then I needed to cut slits in the paper because the handle of the roller was tapered at the ends. I decided to cut three slits in each side.

Edited Roller Redo (3)


I then brushed a little Mod Podge on the back of the paper...

Edited Roller Redo (4)


...and began to wrap it around.

Edited Roller Redo (7)


I was very careful to let the slits overlap so that it wrapped snugly around the handle.

Then a quick coat of Mod Podge (matte) on the outside (after I had impatiently let it dry, of course), and here we have it!

Edited Roller Redo (10)


So much prettier!

Edited Roller Redo (24)


This is what I do when I'm bored and impatiently waiting for Mod Podge to dry. I do more Mod Podge. Hey, at least my addiction doesn't hurt anyone! :)

17 comments:

  1. I looooove that gold fish paper! Beautiful craft for your craft (haha) tool.I need one of thems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So of course I have to ask..what did you do while waiting for the MP to dry on your MP roller :D

    Totally understand. I usually have at least 2 things going at once so I can do one while I'm waiting for the other to dry or glue to set etc. Glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and your addiction adds beauty to everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, always have to be crafting, don't ya?

    I really need one of those rollers to help smooth the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day! I love your blog and recently added it to my blog roll. I love your recipes and your Modge Podge ideas. Keep them coming!

    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a double-ended roller before! I'm totally impressed. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey there fellow foodie! How cute is this roller? Splendid idea. BTW, thanks for stopping by on my SITS day. Hope your brother likes that bacon bread recipe. Seriously, I can eat that ALL DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping over from SITS! Love what you did to the roller! So creative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sound like me very impatient! Love that you made your roller a little nicer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww, I love the print you picked!! It looks so much better mod podged, too. Good job!

    (visiting from nff)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Popping over from NFF. Nice to meet you! Now following. Feel free to follow back :)

    ~Lori@live,laugh,love,create :)
    {paisleyinspirations.blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi and thanks for stopping by! I have to say though - THAT AIN'T my garden! That's the garden of the local farm I bought a share at! My garden (to be featured on Monday) is MUCH smaller!

    What a GREAT project idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and crafty! Thanks for linking up @PonyTails&FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What *I* want to know is how you rolled the mod podged paper on your roller handle!?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got one of those that I use for rolling out dough. Never thought of using it for Mod Podge. I'm moving it to my craft room! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just recently have become obsessed with Mod Podging. I just Mod Podged my garden hoe. Im glad Im not the only one with these crazy, yet brillant ideas. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great little makeover. Is that roller from Pampered Chef? I have one of those, but never thought to use it to get the bubbles out of my Mod Podge projects. Fun!

    ReplyDelete