Friday, July 29, 2011

My Favorite Recipe Sites

I'm doing a guest post today over at Midwestern Moms, but I thought I'd share it with my readers as well! Midwestern Moms hosts a Friday Foodies weekly feature, and I was able to share some of my favorite recipe sites.

There are definitely some great sites out there, and there are some already featured in previous Friday Foodies posts that I just love. The Epicurious iPad app is absolutely wonderful, and I will always adore Pioneer Woman and all the stories that go with her fabulous pictures. But when I'm looking for some truly unique recipes to try in the kitchen, I go to these great sites:

Smitten Kitchen

Smitten Kitchen is a professional blog written by a woman with spectacular photography skills, and according to her posts, the smallest kitchen in the world. I love everything about her recipes because they are so wonderfully unique. From whole wheat raspberry ricotta scones to leek toasts with blue cheese, she'll reinvent your cooking repertoire!


Tasty Kitchen

Tasty Kitchen is a cooking community created by the Pioneer Woman to allow her wonderfully-talented readers the chance to share their best. It's like All Recipes with more creativity and amazing photography. This is a more traditional recipe site in that you can search for exactly what you're looking for and get a myriad of new recipes to try as a result. The reason why I love it is that all the recipes are submitted by impassioned readers who love food and photography, just like PW, and want to share it with each other!


Food Gawker

If you haven't figured out yet, I love food photography almost as much as I love food. And it's only fitting that I love a website devoted to the best food photography on the web, that all links to the blog posts about the food and the recipes. You can search by the latest submissions, most popular, and more, but I guarantee you that you won't be able to peel your eyes away. These drool-inducing photos will draw you in and get you hooked, and you won't be able to close the window without poring through dozens of recipe posts.


I hope you enjoy my suggestions and found some new sites for foodie inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for introducing me to Smitten Kitchen - it's exactly the recipe connection I've been searching for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hunting for some recipes for dinner tomorrow night, so I'll have to check out these links! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through my friend Amanda at Midwestern Moms. Thanks for the great recipe sources! I'm doing a blog with a few cooking posts every week so I'll be sure to check out these places for great ideas. By the way, I agree with you about loving food photography, it feeds your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On behalf of my boyfriend and my stomach- thank you for providing us with more ridiculously amazing sources for dinners!! We cook SO much more often than we go out. It's budget friendly AND we like to play in the kitchen- he handles grilling and meats and I normally tackle the daintier parts :) Loving this!!!
    www.cupahotchocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete