Sunday, November 1, 2009

Time to start a permanent blog

After The Wine Label Project was complete, I decided it was time to just keep a more permanent, less project-focused blog. So I thought to myself, if I wanted to talk about things, what would I talk about? Well, that's easy.

Food.

Wine.

Mod Podge.

So this is a place for me to share the culinary adventures that Chris and I take, the wines we share, and the projects I create with Mod Podge.

And with that, I thought the first post would fittingly be about my very first Mod Podge project. The pictures below show my first introduction to Mod Podge. I was in high school, and decided to redo an old hope chest of my grandmother's. I had a lot of old pictures of her with no use for them, and this old stained hope chest that her mother had made her out of a John Deere milk crate.

Enjoy the transformation:

















And so began the love of Mod Podge :)

4 comments:

  1. I did not know you had these pictures of the trunk before and after....priceless! Grandma Joyce would have loved this project! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so going to give me mod podge envy.

    Also, YAY blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mod Podge and need to use it more!!!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm starting at the beginning of your blog today & i think it's going to inspire many a project :) i love this hope chest makeover. love!

    ReplyDelete