Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Pillows

I feel like a home is never finished, and I always find new ways to put my stamp on each room. Especially since we currently rent our place, decorating can be a little limited. Without the ability to paint or change the hideous light fixture hanging above the kitchen table, I have to rely on changes that I do have control over!

We recently got new couches from West Elm, and I absolutely love them. Gray microfiber, classic look, I know we'll enjoy them for a very long time.

The only thing is that they didn't come with pillows. But you know me, I had no problem with that since of course I had some fabulous fabric in the back of my mind that I wanted to use!

Every time I walk into The Needle Shop in Bucktown, I find more and more amazing fabrics that I just adore. I also love that they have an Etsy store, so I can peruse even before walking into the store!

Anyway, back to my pillows. I got my fabulous fabric this past weekend, and came home to whip up my pillows. I just love how they turned out!

New pillows 1


New pillows 2


I love how they go so well with the gray couches but also bring a wonderful pop of color and whimsy!

8 comments:

  1. Soooooo cute! I can't wait to curl up on that couch in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love! those pillows turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Those are fantabulous.
    PS: Love the wedding pic on the table behind the sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute fabric! I love your curtains too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those pillows are soooo pretty. great job friend!! I love the color on the gray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh that fabric!! My heart! :) Your pillows put the lame-o pillow covers I did for my couch to shame! Maybe next time around... I'll definitely not be so impulsive and instead search for fabric online! So much more deliciousness out there. Awesome job! They look perfect!
    *Krystina
    www.cupahotchocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color and print of these fabrics! I am going to have to pay a visit to that fabric store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pillows are AWESOME! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete