Sunday, February 21, 2010

Oh joy, new camera!

Happy birthday to me!

Yes, that's right, this year for my birthday, I got a fancy new camera! I decided I have waited long enough, it was time for a DSLR. I got a Canon Rebel XSi, and so far I love it! Here's just a smattering of photos...

Simon:

Simon 3


Simon 5



Wine:

Wine corks 3


Wine corks 1



Isn't this fun?? Well, it is for me :)

So now, let's talk a little bit about food! Last night, Chris and I had a friend over, and we cooked some new york steaks from Costco. Oh they were pretty!

Steak cooking


We also cooked some fingerling potatoes...

Potatoes cutting


Potatoes cooking


Finished potatoes


Tasty dinner!

We actually had 4 steaks, and 3 people, so we cooked the extra steak and stuck it in the fridge to make steak salad today. For this, we did a simple salad of green leaf lettuce, orange and yellow bell peppers, red onion, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. And of course, the cold steak. I truly love cold steak!

Cold steak (4)


Steak salad (8)


So tasty, and now my pictures actually can portray the deliciousness!

Thanks to everyone who helped pitch in to make this a great birthday present!

2 comments:

  1. Somebody loves her new cameraaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ran across your blog and our kitties are long lost twins! Head on over to my blog and look!! :)

    floweryfashion.blogspot.com

    Amy

    ReplyDelete