Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Present for a True Wine-o

Each year, I rack my brain for the perfect Christmas present for Chris. He's actually very difficult because in addition to Christmas, his birthday is a week later, so I have to get all the good gifts out of my system in one fell swoop. This is not always, or ever, easy!

This year, with help from my brother, I got Chris a very good and unique gift: a wine barrel top lazy susan, and a bottle of wine from the same winery.

Yes, that's right, a top of a wine barrel, turned into a lazy susan. A very cool gift, because this is a used wine barrel top, which means when you turn it over, it's stained with the red wine that was aging in it. And the winery I got was Pahlmeyer, but the man who makes them has a bunch of different brandings on the wood, mostly the barrel makers but some wineries as well.

In case you're interested, here's the listing:

Wine Barrel Top Lazy Susan

Then since I got him a barrel top from Pahlmeyer, I decided a nice Pahlmeyer bottle of wine would go quite well with it! I checked out cellartracker.com (and if you haven't been there before, you must go!) and looked at ratings of tons of bottles of wine. I finally settled on a bottle of 2005 Pahlmeyer Jayson Pinot Noir. I found it for purchase online, had it shipped, and voila! A perfect gift for a wonderful wine-o!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, I am so glad that CellarTracker could be helpful for you in picking out a wine for your hubby.

    Thanks,
    -Eric
    CellarTracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a very creative gift giver! Hm-m-m...wonder where you got that trait!? Cool that you got a message from Eric at CellarTracker!! Love you...see you soon.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to find this blog. I love food, wine, AND MP! Though wine break for now (baby in the belly) I ♥ Pinot. Glad to be a new follower.
    AND
    What a wonderful gift idea.

    ReplyDelete