Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spiced-up Photo Album

A good friend of mine recently did a little spring cleaning, and brought me a bag of various unused photo albums. Being a photography buff, he had acquired too many over the years, so he decided to throw some my way as I'm just getting addicted to photography. They're a good size, not too big, and very nice on the inside, but overall simple on the outside:

Photobook Recover edited(1)


The black outside is nice, but a little too plain for me :)

So I pulled out some paper! I had this awesome technicolor camera paper that I picked up once at Paper Source on clearance, and it was perfect!

However, I decided to first start with a red on the spine of the album...

Photobook Recover edited(2)


And then I Mod Podged the camera paper on the front and back covers, making sure to wrap around the edges. I let sit for a day, and then I finished with an all-over coat of Mod Podge to seal. It was a super quick and easy photo album makeover!

Photobook Recover edited(4)

Photobook Recover edited(14)


Not everything has to be a big project, even the littlest things can be spruced up with Mod Podge!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE that! It looks so great! Glad you found a use for the awesome camera paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so so cute! I love the paper it is totally perfect and fun!

    ~Morgan

    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you from New Friend Friday...love the blog name. If you like wine you should check out my post (and upcoming posts) on ways to reuse wine corks. I'm sure you have a bucket full somewhere just like we do! :)

    http://icanfindthetime.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie!

    Thanks so much for stopping by The Cottage Home - your blog is adorable! I LOVE the title - so creative. Well, I actually haven't posted that recipe yet for the Asian Slaw. I wasn't sure it was something people would be interested in, but you are about the fourth person to ask me about it so I will try to get the recipe posted today :-). Generally you can find pictures and links to all of my recipes under the "recipes" button on the top navigation bar.

    Again, thanks for stopping by - so glad to meet you!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping in and looking around from Follow Friday! Hope you stop by!

    My blog www.remodelaholic.com is all about interior design and remodeling there are some great tutorials so you can get the look you want on a budget! We also have a party every Friday to show off your stuff! And Sunday for Recipes links.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creatively cute! Great way to add style to those boring albums! Thanks for linking up with PonyTails and FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been featured at PonyTails and FishScales link party #2! Come on over and grab an I ROCK button from my blog! Thanks for linkup up!

    terelauritsen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute and inexpensive transformation, great job!

    visiting from creations by kara

    ReplyDelete