Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Love by the Glass


Today I want to share with you a great book that was given to me by my mother-in-law. The book is called Love by the Glass, and it’s written by Dorothy Gaiter and John Brecher, the authors of the "Tastings" column in The Wall Street Journal. Gaiter and Brecher are a married couple who met as newbies in the journalism world, and newbies in the world of wine. Just as California was finding its identity in the wine industry, the couple starts to explore whites, reds, and especially sparkling/champagnes. The book follows them from meeting, to new jobs, the wine column, and kids, and intermixes their knowledge and love of wine.

The reason why I loved this book is because it was half life story, half wine textbook. They went into so much detail about the types of wines, their origins, their histories. Yet it all followed the storyline of their life and love, so you hardly noticed how much you were learning. In fact, there was so much information that I actually want to read it again to absorb more! Now regarding the storyline, their love story, it almost seemed fate how well everything layed out for them. Sure there were bumps in the road, which they talk about, but their love for each other, how they focused on building their relationship through wine, is something to truly strive for. It inspires you to be a better partner, with or without the wine!

It’s a wonderful read, I highly recommend you add it to your book list!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks good! I'm going to have to check it out. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book sounds good, so does your cheese sandwich! I'm following and visiting from NFF.

    ~Lauri
    http://knitsandreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got done with a post about some books I just bought but now I'm inspired to go out and grab this one too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!!! I'm your newest follower and I'd love it if you followed me back. I'm having a giveaway worth $100-! Hope to see you there=0)

    I have to check out this book!

    xoxo,
    Carol
    http://www.cieloazuljewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, following you back, love your blog!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    Smiles,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete