Saturday, April 9, 2011

Creative Estates: Day 1 Fun Surprise!

Hello from Chandler, Arizona!

I'm just loving my time here. I am here for the Creative Estates crafty blogging conference, but half the reason why I came is because my parents actually live here. So not only has it been a perfect weekend of meeting wonderful ladies I've talked to and gotten to know online, but I've also had such a great time seeing my parents!

I'm going to do a whooole recap post of the actual conference once I get home and get access to my usual computer (hellooooo photoshop!) but for now, I just had to share a fun surprise from yesterday.

My mom wanted me to meet her and some of her friends that have been a big part of my life growing up for a glass of wine last night after the conference. She said they all wanted to see me and say hi, they just love my blog, it'll be fun. Sounded great!

Well I showed up, and lo and behold...

014 Creative Estates mom shirts


Yes, that's right... they were all wearing Food, Wine, & Mod Podge shirts!

I laughed so hard when I saw them, it was so cute. My mom thought it would just be silly and fun to do, and it was great! My dad was even there in a blue shirt!

We had a great time all chatting over wine, catching up, and enjoying each others' company. What a fun surprise!

015 Creative Estates mom shirts

11 comments:

  1. Aw! My momma was there! How fun. :)

    Wish I was there!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um wow, this is definitely the most adorable thing i've seen in a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, how sweet, your mamma's adorable. I know you're enjoying every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT meeting you this past weekend at "Creative Estates," Katie! I just started following your blog and really was inspired by your mod podge letters and mod podged leaves as art! can't wait to see more craft goodness from you! (my blog is www.hautetotandbabycouture.blogspot.com in case you care to check out! and, NO, it's not just about kids - there's lots of craft stuff, too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the sweetest! Hope you had fun. I was so happy to see you hanging out with Alison :) Wish I could have been there to visit with y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter dear! That is so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete