Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Easy Stocking Stuffer: Bottlecap Magnets

Before I get into the project, I just have to take a moment to say...

This is my 100th post!!!


Woo!

Ok, mini party over. Now on to the craft project!

This is a cute little stocking stuffer that is so easy to make, and so fun to get. If you have any beer lovers in your life, they make a great gift!

Items you'll need:

Bottle caps
Small magnets
Cardboard
Glue Gun


Start with some bottle caps. If you're like me, you've saved every bottle cap for years and years with the thought that someday you'd find a use for them.

bottlecaps 1


Pick out ones you know your recipient will love. Maybe it's their favorite beer, maybe it's from a brewery in their hometown, whatever they might have a particular love for. For these recipients, I chose all Sam Adams bottle caps, since they love Sam Adams beer and live in Boston.

Since my magnets I bought were pretty thin, I needed to cut out two small circles of cardboard to fill in the bottle cap. I hot glued each layer together and to the inside of the bottle cap, and then hot glued the magnet to the cardboard.

bottlecaps 2


Your circles don't have to be perfect because once they're on the fridge, no one will see the inside!

Then, in the time it takes for hot glue to cool, you have cute fridge magnets!

bottlecaps 3

bottlecaps 4


A fun, cheap, and still personal stocking stuffer!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th post! I LOVE bottlecap magnets. So cute, so easy. Hatachino beers are tasty and the cap features a cute owl: these make the best bottlecap magnets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 100th post! What a great idea - bottle cap magnets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 100th post! I love bottle cap magnets. I love that you can "personalize" them based on someones favorite beer or from a certain part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 100th! Really great idea! Fun way to recycle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea!
    I'll be saving this for gift ideas for birthdays for friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun stocking stuffer.
    Thanks for sharing
    Happy Holidays
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 100! And these are great and so easy!
    Thanks for linking them up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea! Great way to recycle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who would think that these bottle caps can still be purposeful? Thanks for such a neat idea! And of course, congratulations on your 100th post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your 100th post! I think this is a great repurposing idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bottle cap idea! I may use that for a simple gift idea ;) I found you via Flaunt it Friday and have followed your blog. Maybe you can stop by mine and consider following me back ;)

    Michelle
    Michelle Jamieson Interiors
    New England Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I love easy/awesome projects!! Great idea!! Happy 100!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping in from SITS! Cute idea. Congrats on your 100th post! Neuffj @ The Neuffj

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unfortunately I haven't saved every bottle cap from every bottle I ever opened so now I'm hoarding every single one from every single glass-bottle-coke and beer and juice and...whatever else I can get. Making three magnets at a time is not very fulfilling. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your 100th post! I made bottle cap magnets last summer with Izzie caps (very cute:)). I could not find my glue gun, so I just stacked small adhesive-backed magnet sheet pieces, and attached with a glue dot. It was very quick. Your blog makes me miss Chicago:).

    ReplyDelete