Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, I know I did! Chris and I spent the past couple weeks at home in AZ, visiting family and friends. While we were there we ate a lot, drank a lot, and even received a few Mod Podge presents, so I must say it was a wonderful trip! One of the last nights, we went to a renowned restaurant in Phoenix, Elements.

Elements is a restaurant located in the Sanctuary resort and spa, which is on a mountain overlooking the valley. It is truly beautiful, and would be a great place even without the amazing food. But oh, the amazing food!

To start, Chris got the tuna tartare, and I got the heirloom tomatoes with buffalo mozzarella. Both dishes were fabulous. Chris has a soft spot for tuna tartare, and any such dish done very well just wins him over. My tomato and mozzarella dish was also wonderful, with juicy tomatoes and creamy fresh cheese.

We then ordered our entrees, accompanied by a little wine. There was a bottle of chardonnay for the table (we were with Chris' parents and sister), but as the meals were ordered, the boys decided to order glasses of red wine. Chris got a glass of Row 11 Pinot 2006, took a sip, and quickly turned to me saying I must try it, "It's your type of Pinot." Oh boy was it ever! Needless to say, Chris did not get that glass back, and he had to order another one for himself :)

Finally, dinner. Chris had Alaskan salmon with a ginger glaze and shitake mushrooms, and I had the special of the day which was scallops with rock shrimp and artichokes. Absolutely delectable. Chris' salmon was melt-in-your-mouth, and my scallops were perfectly seared.

Overall, the meal was delightful, and we all finished it off with a bite of creme brulee. A perfect night.

But unfortunately, all good things must come to an end, and here we are back to reality, back to jobs and snow and laundry. But at least when you go back to reality, you get to sleep in your own bed.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! That dinner sounds delicious! It's only 9am and I'm starving :D

    ReplyDelete