Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Reading List :: Lunch in Paris

The second book in my summer reading series is another favorite of mine. In fact, I love it so much that I've been handing it out to all my friends to read!



Lunch in Paris is a wonderful memoir love story by Elizabeth Bard. As an American journalist who falls in love with a French man while visiting Paris, she struggles with fitting in. She quickly learns that food is engrained in the culture of France, and makes plenty of missteps along the way, much to the dismay of her husband, mother-in-law, and cheesemonger.

I loved this book because I felt I learned so much about French food and French culture while enjoying the love story that was intertwined. It is a must read for anyone who loves food and loves love!

1 comment:

  1. I just got done spending 45 minutes at the library searching for my next book...I'll have to check this out tomorrow! Thanks for the suggestion!

    Kristen
    www.decoratingdiy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete